Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
By the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Compare and describe the relation between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation; apply this to their lives.
- Define and discuss motivational terms such as grit, deliberate practice, and flow. Understand how to achieve these.
- Understand the impact of self-efficacy and arousal in motivation.
- Explain the workings of physiological motives, such as hunger and sex.
- Consider various definitions of emotion and emotional intelligence.
- Describe how emotions are assessed and what we currently understand about emotional experience.