Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
By the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Identify, compare, and understand the purpose of major sensory systems.
- Distinguish between sensation and perception.
- Describe and recognize examples of thresholds and their role in perception; define and recognize subliminal stimulation.
- Articulate limitations of sensation and perception for some populations; state various treatments/solutions for some permanent limitations.
- Identify and apply Gestalt principles of perception.
- Consider the roles of sensation and perception in their lives.
- Recognize the impact of expectations on perceptions.
TEDx: Daniel Simons' "Seeing the World As It Isn't"
Simons and Chabris' (1999) Selective Attention Test
Simons and Levin's (1998) The "Door" Study