Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Crash Course Psychology #9
By the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Describe how the sleep-wake cycle is controlled physiologically.
- Understand and explain typical sleep cycles, including stages.
- Discuss their sleep needs and habits and those of Americans in general; appreciate the importance of sleep and its impact.
- Develop and utilize strategies for improving their sleep.
- Identify physiological and behavioral actions of psychotropic drugs.
- Discuss the issue of medical marijuana.
- Recognize and discuss symptoms and solutions of common sleep disorders.
SciShow: Circadian Rhythm and Your Brain's Clock