Overview : Instructors can associate existing discussion topics to a new group or section during the group or section creation process. In addition, instructors can associate existing discussion topics to groups or sections not associated with any other discussion topic. Note that users can only associate existing discussion topics that have no existing discussion posts.
- "Select the 'Communications' dropdown in the navbar and choose the 'Groups' option."
- Click New Category.
- From the Additional Options drop-down menu, select Set up discussion areas.
- Select one of the following:
- Create a new topic, for creating a new topic to restrict with this group category.
- Attach to existing topic, for creating a group-restricted thread in an existing topic. This is only available for empty topics without previous group restrictions or posts.
- Click Save.