Skip to Main Content
Set up your grade book
- Select the "Assessments" dropdown from the navigation bar, and then proceed to click on "Grades".
- On the Grades Setup Wizard page, click Start.
- Choose your grading system, then click Continue.
- If you want users' final grades to be released automatically when you create them, select Automatically release final grade, then click Continue.
Note: If an instructor changes the final grade value after the final grade is automatically released, the final grade is not released again with the new value. This might occur if an instructor grades an additional item that changes the calculated final grade item. Student final grades that already have a value are not automatically released when this variable is turned on. The grades are only released the first time a Final Grade is calculated from Null to a final grade value.
- Choose how you want to treat ungraded items. If you selected Automatically release final grade, CougarVIEW recommends that you select Drop ungraded items so that the released grades better reflect the users' current grades throughout the term.
- If you want final grades to automatically adjust after changing a grade item or calculation option, select Automatically keep final grade updated.
- Click Continue.
- Choose your default grade scheme and then click Continue.
- In the Number of decimal places to display field, enter the number of decimal places to display to users who enter grades using the grade book.
- Click Continue.
- Select your learner view display options and then click Continue.
- On the Grades Setup Summary page, review your selections.
- Do one of the following:
- To make changes to your grade book setup, click Go Back.
- Click Finish.