When you add a discussion topic’s score to a numeric grade item in your grade book, your learners’ scores automatically transfer to the grade book. This enables you to factor the topic score into their final grades for the course.
Note: You can only link numeric grade items to discussion topics.
- On the navbar, select Discussions.
- From the context menu of the topic you want to configure for assessment, select Edit Topic.
- On the topic creation or edit page, enter a numeric value in the Grade Out Of field.
- In the Grade Out Of section, click the drop-down menu and click Edit or Link to Existing .
- In the Edit or Link to Existing dialog, select one of the following:
- Select Create and link to a new grade item to create a new grade item associated with your discussion topic. Choose the Grade Scheme for your new grade item.
- Select Link to an existing grade item to link your discussion topic to an existing grade item. Select the existing grade item from the drop-down list.
- Click OK.
- Toggle the Visibility of your discussion topic ON or OFF.
- Select Save and Close.
Your discussion topic is now linked to a grade item.