A checklist contains important or required assignments, readings, or other items to complete. Each checklist contains one or more categories, into which checklist items are organized. For example, you might have an “Assignments” checklist with categories for written assignments and quizzes, both of which could have multiple items that must be completed.
Checklist items must reside in a category, which are used to organize checklist items. For example, you might create the categories Week 1, Week 2, and Week 3, and place week-specific checklist items into the appropriate categories. Alternately, you might use a checklist to organize steps of an assignment. You can assign due dates for checklist items.
- On the navbar, select Checklist.
- Select New Checklist.
- Enter your checklist details.
- Select Save.
- On the Edit Checklist page, in the Categories and Items area, do any of the following:
- To add a category to the checklist, select New Category. Enter your category details and select Save.
- To add an item to the checklist, select New Item. From the Category drop-down list, select the category for your item. Enter your item details. If you want the item to be due by a certain date or time, select the check box and enter your Due Date information. Select Save.
Note: The default due date for a checklist item is one month from the current date.
- Repeat step 5 until you've added all your content to the checklist.
- Select Save and Close.