GALILEO stands for GeorgiA LIbrary LEarning Online. Begun in 1995, GALILEO is an initiative of the University System of Georgia that provides access to over 150 databases, which, in turn, index thousands of periodicals, including scholarly journals. Many of the articles located through GALILEO are available in full text.
CSU faculty and staff can access GALILEO on or off-campus in several ways:
- Log into your MyCSU account ---> Campus Information ---> Library (section)--->GALILEO
- Log into CougarView --->GALILEO link (top center of page)
- Visit: https://library.columbusstate.edu/ -----> Resources (blue box) ---GALILEO link
Many databases are available to all library patrons via the GALILEO database collections:
- Grove Music Library - music.
- Kanopy - video streaming like Netflix.
- Films on Demand - video streaming service with over 15,000 videos covering all subject disciplines.
- Research Library (ProQuest) - articles (newspapers, magazines & scholarly journals).
- Science Direct - articles covering topics in the physical, life and social sciences.
For more research assistance, you can chat, text, email, call or visit the Research Clinic desk at the Main Campus Library(706.507.8671) or the Music Library on the RiverPark Campus (706.641.5045).
Text & Chat with a Librarian service available:
Sunday - 1:30pm-11:30pm
Monday - Thursday 8:30am-1:30am
Friday - 8:30am-4:30pm
Saturday - 10:30am-5:30pm